Sunday, September 15, 2013

Learn Japanese for free in NYC - ALESN's Japanese program


If you are in the New York City area, consider learning Japanese for free at ALESN (Asian Language Exchange & Social Network). I posted all the main information on my CantotoMando blog.

Class descriptions are HERE.

If you wish to participate in the Japanese class, please register yourself online by clicking the class descriptions link above. If you don't have an ALESN account, you need to create one. When you come to an ALESN class for the first time, you will fill out a YMCA form, become a YMCA Beacon member, and receive a YMCA card to get into the building next time. Don't worry, there is no charge for the class or to become a member. At certain times, maybe twice a year, ALESN will hold a pressure-free fundraiser for donations to support this wonderful program so if you enjoyed yourself a lot, please consider giving ALESN a donation.

Below is the revised schedule for the Fall semester.
Class / Time / Instructor


Saturdays
Classroom #1

Japanese I 4:30 to 5:30-Terry/Sophie

Usually, classes are taught by Yuriko, but she usually comes back to teach in January. Meanwhile, our awesome instructor Terry, along with Sophie will teach in the meantime. Classes are fun and interactive. To be honest, I didn't have any interest in Japanese before, but because the classes are so fun, I continued to learn Japanese and I started this blog. I owe it all to ALESN, its teachers, and its students.

I've taken this course twice already, but it's not enough. I want my Japanese knowledge to be ingrained in my head. I hope to post what I learned on this blog. This is a great time to start up this blog since I'm learning from scratch again.

For those who are attending, enjoy, have fun, and maybe I'll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update cookies preferences